You have no items in your shopping cart
Walk & Run 101's virtual option is an 11 week training program designed to guide you through the training needed to finish a 5k. You'll be guided by coaching videos and emails - and even audio during your runs or walks. By using the RaceJoy app, our head coach will virtually be with you every mile along the way.
There are two options as you sign up for the 101 On My Time program; one for walkers and one for runners (starting off with a walk/run interval). As the weeks go by, you'll learn about form, nutrition, injury prevention, race etiquette, running/walking for the greater good, proper shoes, and a whole lot more.
Our Walk & Run 101 in-person training program is on hold until we've outrun COVID together.
Registration for Walk & Run 101 "On My Time" is $45. All registrants in Walk & Run 101 will receive:
- Nope. You have the option of choosing one of four Columbus Running Company 5K races (Fantastic Frigid 5K, Choo Choo 5k, Big Bad Wolfe 5K, Leftover 5K) as a part of your registration, but if you would rather work toward just finishing a 5k distance in a setting other than at a race, that is totally fine. You will be a winner either way!
- Youʼre welcome to use the CRC training plan for any race of your choosing. Just remember that your Walk & Run 101 registration does include a coupon code for one of the races mentioned above.
- Honestly, Coach Lisa here, I am not the best at technology, but we have created great tutorial videos to walk you through using the RaceJoy app. I have been able to figure it out; so really anyone should be able to if I can do it. Other than using RaceJoy, all you have to be able to do is open email. I think most of us are pros at that. But, if you have any problems, I am just one email away.
- You will receive an email every week that will provide you with tips and motivation to keep moving forward. Included in these emails will be videos from others in the walking and running community who will give you their advice and encouragement to keep going.
-RaceJoy is an app that you can use as a participant in the Walk & Run 101 program. Through this app, you'll receive audio tips, encouragement, and updates during your runs or walks. You can still listen to your music or podcasts - our coaching advice will broadcast every now and then, as you need it.
-No, but it will really help keep you motivated and instruct you on how to take every step. We recommend using it. It is free to download and use!
- If you plan to use the RaceJoy app; yes.
- We have customized our program so that using the RaceJoy app you will get verbal cues that not only tell you when to walk or run, you will also receive encouragement and tips with many of the cues. Additionally, you will have access to videos from local walkers, runners, a physical therapist, and nutritionist in the weekly coaching emails. We believe you will find these emails and videos not only informative but also motivational to keep you on pace. Aside from the training, you will also receive a training shirt, coupon, and entrance into one of the CRC 5Ks mentioned above.
- Aww, thanks. Register online here to join us and then lace up the shoes to join us every week from now until race weekend. Good luck.
Further questions? Contact us at [email protected]