You have no items in your shopping cart
Start moving this summer by joining the Columbus Running Company’s Walk & Run 101 program. This beginner-friendly 5k program includes a 10 week training plan designed to lead you through the preparations needed to finish a 5k. You'll be guided by in-person coaching, videos, and emails. We're there to support you every step of the way.
Come run or walk your way to fitness with CRC in 2023.
Registration for our 2023 Walk & Run 101 is $70 (early bird through July 30) or $80 (late registration from July 31 through August 8). All registrants will receive:
- For sure! There's a place for everyone in the walking and running community, and there's no judgement about pace or ability. We all have to start somewhere, and there's a place for you on our starting line. Let's do this!
Each season of our Walk & Run 101 program begins with an information session. At this event, we'll be covering the basics of your training plan and it's a great chance to meet with our head coach. Bring your questions. Let's use this night as a chance to jumpstart your two month buildup towards race day.
There is NO walking or running workout scheduled at our information session, so it's a low-key opportunity for you to ease into the program. After that, we'll host our weekly workouts every Saturday at 8:00am at Columbus Running Company in Westerville. Our summer information session is on Sunday evening, July 24th at 6:30pm at Columbus Running Company's Westerville store, located at 50 N State Street, Westerville, OH. Register to train with us this season, and we'll see you at our information session as we get started on the path to that 5k finish line together.
- This is a 5k training group. For our current season, weʼre targeting the Nationwide Children's Hospital Columbus Marathon 5k Honoring Jesse Owens on October 14th.
- Youʼre welcome to use the CRC training plan for any race of your choosing. Just remember that your Walk & Run 101 registration does include automatic entry into the Nationwide Children's Hospital Columbus Marathon 5k Honoring Jesse Owens.
- Of course. Join us when you can, and put in those solo miles when you canʼt. Weʼre here to help you prepare for that big race, one way or another.
- The group meets at 8am at Columbus Running Company's Westerville location. Weʼll make a course announcement around 8:05am, and the workout will begin shortly after that. Weʼll have maps available for each route.
- Runners & walkers are a low-key, inviting group. We recommend that everyone give the group workouts three tries. The first time might feel a little overwhelming, as you learn the ropes, but the second time is much easier. By the third time, you'll be a pro. We hear a lot of people who worry about being the slowest participant out there. As beginners, we all started from that same point, and we'll have a big mix of abilities throughout the season. If you're willing to step outside of your comfort zone a bit and meet a lot of new people, we'll find others for you to share the miles with all season long.
- Every season, we have a mix of both beginners and experienced runners & walkers - but most of our 101 members are pretty new to walking or running. Everyone has to start from scratch at some point, and we're here to help guide you as you get moving.
- First off, a group dynamic helps a TON when it comes to keeping your motivation going. As you get to know others, positive peer pressure is going to keep you coming back. On top of that, weʼll be in touch via our coaching emails throughout your training season to keep you excited about coming out on Saturday mornings to share the paths with us. We'll even have a dedicated 101 coach on hand to help at the group runs & walks.
- After almost two decades, Walk & Run 101 has led so many others into lifelong running and walking routines. We're going to boost your training through videos from local walkers, runners, a physical therapist, and nutritionist in the weekly coaching emails. We believe you will find these emails and videos not only informative but also motivational to keep you on pace. Aside from the training, you will also receive a training shirt, coupon, and coaching support.
- Once you register for the season, you'll receive a confirmation email. This email will contain two levels of 5k training plans, both targeting our goal race.
- Aww, thanks. Register today and then lace up the shoes to join us every week from now until race weekend. Good luck.
Further questions? Contact us at [email protected].