WOMEN'S ASICS GLIDERIDE
- Category: Neutral (Ideal for taller, more rigid arches)
- Weight: 8.1oz
- Drop: 5mm
The GLIDERIDE lets you run longer while expending less energy. Here is how it works: Improved cushioning reduces muscle load at foot strike. The stiff forefoot and dynamically curved sole then increase running efficiency by reducing the movement of the ankle joint. A lower degree of ankle flexion means other muscles, such as the calf, don’t have to work as hard. Too much ankle movement at speed wastes energy. The shoe’s center of mass is closer to the heel, so it’s easier to swing the foot forward. The rolling motion you feel in this shoe actually propels the foot forward for increased efficiency by reducing the forward movement of the ankle. This lets you run farther with less effort. It’s something you have to feel to believe.
- Guidesole technology: Guidesole technology with a rocker sole that propels you forward, giving you the ability to move through your running motion more smoothly and efficiently
- Engineered mesh upper: a multi-directional engineered mesh upper material improves both ventilation and stability
- FLYTEFOAM midsole: softer top layer of FLYTEFOAM midsole material for a springier feel, plus a bottom layer midsole cradle that provides stability
- In general, remember to leave around a thumb's width of space at the end of your walking or running shoes.
- Widths for women: 2A = narrow; B = standard; D = wide
- Widths for men: B = narrow; D = standard; 2E = wide; 4E = double wide