June 12 - July 29, 2023
Practice Dates & Locations:
All locations practice on Mondays and Wednesdays with three Saturday races. Specific details for each site are listed in the club handbooks just below.
Incoming 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th graders
All levels, from beginner to experienced
Bexley, Canal Winchester, Dublin, Grove City, Hilliard, Lancaster, Marysville, New Albany, Pickerington, Powell, Upper Arlington, and Westerville
$185 (goes up to $195 one week prior to the season starting / need-based scholarships are available - click here for info)
Club members receive membership in the RRCA, entry into all Grasshopper races, a CRC discount, a racing singlet, a Grasshoppers shirt and bag, a mileage tracking poster, and a season of fun with a season-completion medal. We'll also be sending out weekly coaching emails to compliment everything that takes place at our practices and races.
CLUB HANDBOOK: SCHEDULES, EXPECTATIONS, AND MORE
Our handbooks contain all info for the season, including our schedule, rules, and more. Click on your location to access your handbook: Bexley, Canal Winchester, Dublin, Grove City, Hilliard, Lancaster, Marysville, New Albany, Pickerington, Powell, Upper Arlington, Westerville
Please note: We'll update you about any changes for the season via email so be sure to include a valid email when you register your child.
Before getting into the frequently asked questions, please be sure to read through our annual club handbook. This handbook lays out most details and includes our schedule, location info, and more.
- Q: What is the club expectation for kids who take part?
- A: More than anything, we want kids who want to run. This isn't a sport that can be forced. Our summer season is ideal for any kids who are first getting started, while our spring and fall seasons are suited to kids who have experience with a running program and who have run 2 miles continuously. Anyone can take part in the summer program as long as they're excited to put an effort in and join us on the run.
- Q: What does a summer practice look like?
- A: Practice is often broken down into a warmup, a run, an active game, and a cool down, with a lesson on something like running form or pacing thrown in along the way. Each practice is 1 hour long.
- Q: What races will you be running?
- A: The summer club will be racing in two ways. First, coaches will host mini races at several practices. Second, for those looking for a big race day experience, we'll host three larger races that members of all of our summer Grasshopper locations are invited to take part in. All larger races are listed on the club schedule in the handbook. We will use our weekly coaching emails to keep parents up to date on all specifics.
- Q: My child takes part in other sports and/or has conflicting commitments. How flexible is the club with this?
- A: Kids at this age should experiment with a variety of sports and activities. We're flexible with busy schedules, and we'll provide coaching plans for kids who have to miss practices with the Grasshoppers.
- Q: We have a summer vacation planned. Can my child still take part if they miss some practices?
- A: Enjoy your vacation! And yes, your child can take part in the club before and after the vacation. Our summer season is focused on the individual - and since there's no team component, we're flexible with vacations and missed days.
Further questions? Contact us at [email protected]