Train. Win Prizes. Inspire Us All.
Stay Inspired All Winter Long with Mizuno and the Columbus Running Company
Are you ready to take on the season like an abominable snowman on an endless runner's high? Don't let a little thing called winter slow you down. Join CRC and Mizuno as we keep the inspiration coming throughout January, keeping you on track for those 2019 running and walking goals.
Inspire Columbus is our January training challenge, a program meant to inject some wintry fun into your miles during one of the toughest training months.
So how can I run like an Alaskan Husky pulling the winning sled at the Iditarod?
That's a question we've obviously all asked ourselves a hundred times a day. It's simple. Sign up here. Once registered, challenge yourself to run outdoors every day in January. If that sounds tough, we're going to be offering incentives to keep you going (full details on bottom of page). Each time you run, your odds of winning a prize pack go up.
How do I make Jack Frost my new training partner?
Commit yourself to a goal. Run outside all January, and you can learn to rule the winter. When you register for the Inspire Columbus Winter Challenge, you can get yourself a cozy hoody for after those runs too. Layer up, grab yourself a hot chocolate, and start planning the next day's outdoor adventure.
Can we talk about those prizes some more?
We'll be awarding Mizuno + CRC prize packs each week in January, and you can win by simply logging those outdoor miles. Miss a day? No worries, we'll have opportunities for you to win a prize pack through a few social media contests along the way too!
Inspire Columbus Program Details:
It's not a race. It's not a coached training program. Inspire Columbus is a challenge. When you register, you're signing up to take that challenge. To show that you can rage like a human blizzard. To prove that you're capable of anything that you put your mind to.
Still have questions? Here are the fine details:
- Register. When you sign yourself up, you'll be entering the Inspire Columbus Winter Challenge. This will allow you to log your miles online through Strava. Each day that you run outdoors for at least a mile, we'll put your name into a raffle for prize packs from Mizuno and Columbus Running Company. If you get on a hot streak and run every day in a week, we'll double your entries in that raffle.
- Raffle. To be eligible for the raffle prizes, you have to log your miles on Strava. We'll be drawing raffle winners each Monday (January 7, 14, 21, 28) and on Friday, February 1. Winners will be contacted via email.
- Giveaways. As you register for the Inspire Columbus challenge, you can opt to receive a hoodie. Like a road race, there are no exchanges, size swaps, or returns on hoodies. We will close registration on January 2, and all hoodies will be ordered that day. We will give out hoodies at your local CRC location beginning at a group run on either Saturday, January 12 or 19. Once you're registered, watch your email for details.
- Outdoors? Yes. Runs or walks have to be done outdoors to qualify for prize drawings. Why? Because it isn't a winter run if an icicle isn't growing off your eyelashes. (Now, of course, you can run indoors all you want. Those runs just won't count for the prize raffle.)
- Where. Run with us at group runs, run on your own, or run with your buddies. It doesn't matter when or where you log these miles, they all count if they're done outdoors. CRC hosts weekly group runs, so check those out here for a training boost.
- Logging. No, we're not chopping down trees like a burly logger (though that is good winter cross training). Yes, we are logging miles online. Join the CRC Strava group, chart your miles on Strava, and we'll draw our weekly prize pack winners from the Strava group. You must have all mileage updated by 8am on Monday morning when we do our drawings in order to be eligible. If you don't chart mileage on Strava, you are not eligible for the prize packs. Once you register, you'll receive a confirmation email with direct links to our Strava page so that you can set up all details quickly.
- Best secret ingredient for post-run hot chocolate? Drop an Andes Candy chocolate mint into a piping hot mug of hot chocolate. You're welcome.
- Still reading? Forget the details. Just register, run outside, and log your miles. This is going to be your best January yet.