Your running or walking club is invited to join us from May 17-23 for the Nationwide Children's Hospital Columbus Marathon Club Challenge. It's easy. As a team, your members can log miles online, helping the club to reach various milestones in pursuit of prizes for all participating members!
Here's how it works in 3 quick steps:
- If your club is interested in joining the challenge, fill out the interest form at the bottom of this page.
- Once we have your info, we'll build a club challenge event portal for you.
- After that, just share the link with your club members and have them log their miles through the portal for the week of May 17-23.
As your club members log their miles, the results system will add everyone's mileage together. Whenever your club hits certain mileage tiers, your challenge prizes get a boost. Every participating club member wins prizes based on the tier you finish the week at:
- Tier 1, the Marathon: A marathon is 26.2 miles. If your club hits 26.2 miles for the week, every participating club member receives a $10 gift card to the CRC.
- Tier 2, I-270: It’s just under 55 miles to drive the full loop around 270. If your club hits 55 miles for the week, every participating club member receives a $15 gift card to the CRC.
- Tier 3, the Metro Parks: There are over 230 miles of trails within the Columbus Metro Park system. If your club hits 230 miles for the week, every participating club member receives a $15 gift card to the CRC and your club earns a virtual ASICS experience - a virtual chat and fun online tech session with the brand and CRC.
- Tier 4, the Buckeye Trail: It takes 1,444 miles to loop Ohio on the Buckeye Trail. If your club hits 1,444 miles for the week, every participating club member receives a $20 gift card to the CRC, you'll gain access to the virtual ASICS event, and we’ll host an ASICS experience at one of your club gatherings later this year.*
- Tier 5, Coast-to-Coast: You’ll cover 2,777 miles driving from NYC to LA, cutting through Columbus on the way. If your club hits 2,777 miles for the week, every participating club member receives a $25 gift card to the CRC and you'll earn all of the additional benefits from the Tier 4 prize level. On top of that, we'll host a donut dash with the Columbus Marathon & CRC teams for your club. Yep, we'll boost one of your club's runs or walks by bringing out the Columbus Marathon & CRC teams with donuts and coffee!**
*The opportunity to host an ASICS experience at one of your club's group runs or walks is dependent on state, county, and city COVID regulations.
**Participation in the Columbus Marathon donut dash is limited to those club members who take part in the Club Challenge. This prize is dependent on state, county, and city COVID regulations.
Sound fun? To join in, just fill out the form below by Monday, May 3rd. We'll build your club challenge event portal and send you final details later that week so that you can begin recruiting your club members to take part with us this spring!