Welcome to the CRC Ambassador Program
Community is the cornerstone of everything the Columbus Running Company does. It's why we host a packed schedule of free social runs and walks. It's why we partner with countless charities throughout the year. It's why we love to call central Ohio our home.
Thank you for being an active part of our running and walking community. We would love for you to get involved as a CRC Ambassador in 2023. At its heart, CRC's ambassador program is different from most other programs. While many "brand ambassador" programs are 100% focused on social media, the CRC program is primarily based around getting involved with in-person runs and walks - and making those weekly events a wonderful, real experience for everyone involved.
- ASSIST AT WEEKLY GROUP RUNS AND WALKS: Social run and walk ambassadors are there to take part in CRC's weekly runs and walks. While there, ambassadors are expected to greet participants with an emphasis on welcoming first-timers. You'll help them find others around their pace, show everyone how to sign in, and help explain routes. After that, ambassadors are general cheerleaders during CRC's weekly runs and walks. You're there to encourage everyone and to break down the levels of intimidation that often form around social runs and walks.
- THE IDEAL AMBASSADOR: Our best ambassadors are outgoing. Ready to talk with those nervous newcomers. Quick to introduce first-timers to others, helping to open up what can appear to be impenetrable cliques. The ideal ambassador wants to help build a vibrant, fun community alongside all of us on the paths.
- LOCATION: CRC hosts several ambassadors for each of our non-speed-work social runs and walks. That schedule consists of Saturday mornings at 8am (Dublin, Pickerington, Short North, & Westerville), Thursday evenings at 6:15pm with Nocterra (Powell), and Sunday mornings at Chestnut Ridge at 11am (Pickerington). When you join us an ambassador, you join for a specific location.
- ATTENDANCE: In order to take part in the ambassador program, participants must attend at least 13 of the 17 weekly runs & walks from January through April. Your assistance on the path is key to a great experience for everyone.
- RACE SUPPORT: Each CRC Ambassador will receive a unique code good for 10% off entry into select CRC Signature Series races. Share this code with others! The ambassador whose 2023 code is redeemed most often will earn a free season of CRC Signature Series races for 2024.
- ABOVE & BEYOND: If a CRC Ambassador can share images with us for social media, provide ideas for themed group runs, or bring other community-oriented ideas to us, that's going above and beyond! And we love it when CRC Ambassadors share their experiences on social media as another way to draw others into the running and walking community too!
Each ambassador will receive:
- 20% in-store discount for the season*
- $150 CRC gift card
- A CRC tech shirt
- Comped entry into the Choo Choo 9 Miler & 5k and the AEP Ohio Columbus 10k**
*The in-store discount is for purchases for yourself. We cannot offer that added discount for others.
**Comped entry doesn't mean guaranteed entry. Each race has a hard cap on entrants, and races do sell out. Use your ambassador coupon code to register asap in order to guarantee your free spot on the starting line!
READY TO JOIN?
Just fill out our seasonal form and let's get started with the fun this January!